Thursday, October 17, 2013

Staying Away

     So.  Been a while since I posted anything.  It's also been a very long time since I actually played the game.  I quit back in March shortly after defeating the Lich King and getting the recipe for the Vial of the Sands.  Since then, I've done a myriad of other things, mostly Netflix-related things.

     But I found myself checking some of the various WoW sites out there from time to time, and I was thinking about coming back and playing a little bit in a casual sense.

     What do you think, readers?  Should Hyperious make a comeback?  Should I pick the game back up and see what's happened since I left?  Or should I just stay gone and leave it behind?

     I welcome any thoughts and comments on what's changed in the past six months.

     ~Hype

2 comments:

  1. Catching up now is not so bad, you can get mostly 496 gear from the timeless island. The LF* system could very well make you want to quit again instantly however, so stay away from that until you get your footing back.

    But if there were ever a time to come back now might be it. With the catch up on the island making it easier and the addition of flex raiding, the game is a lot more player friendly, assuming you can find groups.

    If you can find a guild, or if your old one is still alive and kicking, then yes, I would say coming back is worth it. As a new or solo player, I might not be as supportive of saying come back, as the game is still very "solo" unfriendly thanks to the horrible nature of the LF* system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest stay away. You broke the addiction. WoW is like cigarettes one puff and you will be back to a pack a day.

    If you must come back then Grumpy is right, there as never been a better time to catch up with current content (except for a new expansion).

    ReplyDelete